The latest Brother Business Survey in the US finds that small businesses continue to rely on old style working practices. Despite bringing in new technology solutions such as cloud computing and mobile devices, many still rely on tried and tested working methods to carry out their daily routine.
- 58% require their employees to be physically present in the office
- 91% still use a printer, scanner, copier or fax
- 10% use their printer more than 10 times per day
Brother Business Survey Also Shows IT Spending is a High Priority
Even though small businesses are holding onto these traditional ways of working, IT spending is high on the agenda as they seek to enhance productivity and make cost savings for a “best of both worlds” approach to running their businesses.
- 21% of the businesses surveyed stated that they planned to invest in cloud based file management and share solutions.
- As flexible working options evolve, 28% said they would be spending a vast majority of their IT budget on mobile devices.
- Security remains a main concern for small businesses and 30% of those surveyed stated that the largest part of their IT budget would be spent on network and data security.
“This year’s Brother Business Survey findings show small business owners still trust and rely on tried‐and‐ true core business practices,” explained John Wandishin, Vice President of Marketing, Business Machines Group at Brother International Corporation.
“Clearly these technology‐minded entrepreneurs are pursuing and implementing the best available solutions to grow and succeed. As a result, they are investing in reliability, as well as cost‐effectiveness and quality, which demonstrates sound thinking and can make all the difference in their business success.”