Next week heralds National Stationery Week and the London Stationery Show. From 24th to 30th April, top stationery brands will take centre stage promoting their products.
The main sponsors for National Stationery Week 2017 are Helix, Maped, Edding, Stabilo, Manuscript and Mustard.
Whether you are a sponsor, partner, retailer or general stationery addict there are many ways to get involved. For all the information you need, visit the National Stationery Week website.
Seven Days of Stationery
As social media plays such an important part in raising awareness of events like this, National Stationery Week is planning plenty of activity. Each day next week is complimented by Seven Days of Stationery. So, if you or your business want to get involved, here are the hashtags to use.
- Monday 24th #PenAndPencilDay
- Tuesday 25th #GetCrafty
- Wednesday 26th #WorldStationery Day
- Thursday 27th #ThankYouThursday
- Friday 28th #FountainPenFriday
- Saturday 29th #SignatureSaturday
- Sunday 30th #WriteALetterDay
Writing Still Matters
“Writing Matters”, the key message from the 2016 campaign continues this year. YouGov research commissioned by National Stationery Week emphasises the importance of handwriting at school and in the workplace.
- 94% adults think handwriting is an important skill
- 97% adults believe children should still be taught handwriting at school
- 92% children aged 8 to 15 believe handwriting is important
- 86% business managers expect job candidates to be able to write by hand in addition to having good keyboard skills.
London Stationery Show: Where Fashion Meets Function
The London Stationery Show takes place at the Business Design Centre, London on 25-26th April 2017. As covered in a previous article, there is a New Owner for the London Stationery Show, Ocean Media Group.
This year’s show promises stationery buyers;
“The biggest selection of writing and paper products from around the world all in one place, with everything from the everyday to high end. “
In addition, over two thirds of the exhibitors and brands at the show are exclusive to the London Stationery Show.
For all information regarding exhibitors and visiting this year’s show visit their website.