The Post Office Shop has been ranked in the Top 150 of online retail businesses in IRUK’s Top 500 Internet Retailing 2019 report.
IRUK’s report, produced in partnership with payment solutions provider, Klarna, was released at the start of February.
The report examines the leaders in the UK multichannel and ecommerce retailing across a number of sectors including department stores, fashion clothing, stationery, technology, entertainment and more. Their annual list is composed through a general assessment of a retailer’s size and overall performance, with several research parameters also considered.
IRUK Rankings Structure
In order to create their rankings structure, IRUK use several different research areas in order to determine the accurate placement of each business. These include
- Footprint Dimension (including UK retail turnover, UK web traffic, number of stores/websites)
- Strategy & Dimension (including strategic practice and innovations)
- The Customer (including customer service response times, customer feedback and mobile/desktop website ease of navigation)
- Operations & Logistics (including delivery capability, returns capability and collections capability)
- Merchandising (including a review of merchandising and products and a full customer perspective review)
- Brand Engagement (including social media presence and a full review of both mobile and desktop websites)
- Mobile & Cross-Channel (including multi-channel features, a full assessment of mobile websites and if available, mobile apps)
Based on these factors, the ranking within the Top 150 of IRUK’s 2019 report is a huge achievement for the Post Office and the Post Office Shop after its gradual transition into the business supplies and office products market.
Post Office Shop
Launched originally in 2012, the Post Office Shop initially based much of its business model around an offering of collectible coins and stamps on it’s website. Over the years, this has grown at a steady rate, leading to the business re-focusing its efforts in 2017 to move into new product areas.
Since their switch in focus to offering a much wider product offering including stationery and office supplies, the company recorded an overall rate of growth of 32% in 2018. Since this point, the business has been able to challenge the likes of Staples and Viking, two traditional online players in the business supplies market.
A Focus on Service Proposition to Customers
Since the launch of the Post Office Shop in 2012, the business has been working with leading business supplies wholesaler, EVO Group.
Reflecting on the Top 150 ranking earned by the Post Office Shop, Ecommerce Director for EVO Group, Darren Mack comments:
“Post Office Shop has always focused on the service proposition to its customers. The expectation of users is really high, to reflect that of the brand on the High Street. The dedicated team in place driving this forward never lose focus from that and I am confident they will continue to climb in these rankings over time.
I would say, it is a genuine pleasure working with the Post Office and their inhouse digital team.”